What are cookies?
A cookie is a file you download and that records anything on your computer when accessing certain web pages. They are widely used for the proper and efficient functioning of the Website, as it provides information to the Website owners. The cookies allow, among other things, the storage and gathering of information on the users’ or their computers’ navigation habits and, depending on the information they contain and the way the user uses their system, they can be used to recognise and identify the user in order to improve your navigation and provide the services requested by you. If you do not wish to send cookies to our systems, you may “deactivate” them and control them from your browser, eliminating them from your navigation history (cache) at the end of the visit.
What types of cookie are there and which ones do we use?
Regarding their origin:
• First-party cookies: Cookies sent to the user’s terminal machine from a machine or domain managed by the owner of the website that provides the service requested by the user.
• Third-party cookies: Cookies sent to the user’s system from another system or from a domain that it is not managed by the editor, but rather by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Regarding their expiration:
• ‘Session’ cookies: remain in your browser during the visit (for example, until you close the browser and have completed the visit).
• ‘Persistent’ cookies: these are cookies which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them.
Por último, existe otra clasificación con cinco tipos de cookies según la finalidad para la que se traten los datos obtenidos:
- Technical cookies: These are cookies that allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and use the various options or services available, such as traffic and data communication control, session identification, restricted access, retrieving the elements of an order, carrying out an order purchase process, requesting a subscription or participation in an event, using safety features while browsing, storing video or sound content, or sharing content via social media.
- Personalization cookies: These are cookies that enable the user to access the service according to certain general, pre-defined characteristics according to a range of criteria on the user’s terminal, such as language, browser type used to access the service, regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies allow the responsible entity to monitor and analyze website user behavior. Information gathered with this type of cookie is used to measure website, platform or application activity and create user navigation profiles to then make improvements based on these data.
- Advertising cookies: These are cookies make it possible to manage the advertising space on the website as efficiently as possible, adapting the ad content to the content of the service requested or the use made of our website.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These are cookies that enable the efficient management of the advertising space on the website. They store information on user behavior from continued observation of user browsing habits, thus enabling the development of a specific profile to show advertising according to the behavior in question.
- Social networks cookies: To allow you to share content or comment on our products and/or services, our website may include social network components (buttons, plug-ins etc.). These components are used by social networks to track your browsing habits and will only work if your browser is connected to the relevant social network (but you do not need to have used the “share” button, for example). The social networks you use determine the terms governing their use of the information they obtain and we have no control whatsoever over their use of this information. We recommend that you consult their privacy policies, which will specify how they use this data and the steps you can take to increase account confidentiality.
How to control or delete cookies
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
- You can also use the websites below to access more information regarding behavioral advertising based on profiling cookies
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
- Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.eu
Cookies used at https://rothandmyers.com/
The following are the cookies we use when a user enters our Website, serving their purpose:
- Google Analytics (Type: Third party – Analytical) – Used to collect information and report the usage statistics of websites without personally identifying those visitors to Google
- Facebook pixel (Type: Third party – Analytical and marketing) – Used to collect data for the use of remarketing campaigns in Facebook and Instagram
- Pinterest pixel (Type: Third party – Analytical and marketing) – Used to collect data for the use of remarketing campaigns in Pinterest
- Connectif (Type: Third party – Analytical and marketing) – Compilation of user actions on the web for the use of general marketing tasks
- Google Ads (Type: Third party – marketing) – Used to collect data and create Google Ads campaigns
- Hotjar (Type: Third party– Analytical) – Used to understand how our website is used and improve usability
With this information it is possible to carry out the following actions:
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when you access any page of the portal during this session.
- Close. The notice is hidden on this page.
- Modify your configuration. You will be able to obtain more information about what cookies are, to know the Policy of https://rothandmyers.com/ cookies and modify your browser settings.